Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Detective & Civilians win!)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Day 3)

Post by shinichi'sapprentice »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dumytru! Dx< askfdhaebgawrgblf

also, why'd you vote yourself, too??! T___T

my investigations among MoonRaven, bash7353, and Stopwatch reveals that MoonRaven is not the spy. if i have to add something else of what has already been said about the Day 2 no kill, it is that it could be that the spy hasn't identified all of their informants yet? but honestly, first thing that came to mind is that the spy's Day 2 target is dumytru as well.

also, even though miyano_shiho voted the victims of Day 1 and Day 2, let us take note that Yuri Iwamoto was killed and dumytru was lynched. well, actually, i just said that dumytru must have been the Day 2 kill target. so, maybe it's best to hear what she has to say...
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

Argh. ~_~* I am a doof, sorry. ~_~*
I wasn't feeling well last night (spent a good chunk of the evening in Urgent Care) so I didn't get my voting done then. Tuesday is run-around-town day and we got a late start, which resulted in my completely forgetting about the game until phase change had passed, and this is why I ended up self-voting. ~_~* I realize these claims are not exactly provable, unless one talks to Archi (who isn't on the forum). What you think of me is up to you.
I still don't think I have anything particularly useful to contribute. Mostly because I'm not sure what might actually be useful. ~_~*
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
Kaito Lady
*plotting*

Post by Kaito Lady »

DDDDDDDDDDDDD:::::::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry dumytru! I was voting randomly D:!
"Plotting since forever"
Spoiler: Fear The Wrath Of My Hammer!
Thanx Yuri for the Awesome pic :D
DCTP Forums=a place where anyone is anyone's sibling/parent/child....and therefore is the best place on earth <3
Spoiler: Write a Will, BO Edition
Spoiler: Whenever in doubt
DCTP Cat Family
My dA
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

bash7353 wrote:We have to consider the possibility, though, that the Spy intended to kill dumytru, but was unable to as we beat him or her to it. If so - and it may not be the case - Miyano voted the kill target both phases. That's interesting.
That was purely coincidental. And what do you mean by "was unable to as we beat him or her to do it"? It's not like anyone had announced they were voting for dumytru.

As for my reason for voting him, I did somehow imply in my post yesterday that I was going to vote for a player who posted on D1, since I suspect that the informants are among them. The Yuri vote was also a coincidence. Besides, if I were the spy, I wouldn't want to do that when I know it would make people suspicious of me.

For tracking purposes (I might do this every phase)...
People who posted on D2
bash7353 (5)
miakakiri (2)
Jecka (3)
Stopwatch (5)
cinnamoroll (2)
Ekoyuhale (3)
Kaito Lady (2)
shinichi'sapprentice (2)
Raifuujin (1)
Jellitto (1)
miyano_shiho (1)
FuruyAkai (1)
MoonRaven (1)
Nemomon (1)
Kleene Onigiri (1)

I believe at this point, everybody has already posted. Only Raiden and darkest absol didn't post on D2, although they did on D1. I don't know if this tells us much, though.

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

No particular reason behind my self-vote. I simply forgot about it.
I was really tired, so I went to sleep without sending it.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

miyano_shiho wrote:
bash7353 wrote:We have to consider the possibility, though, that the Spy intended to kill dumytru, but was unable to as we beat him or her to it. If so - and it may not be the case - Miyano voted the kill target both phases. That's interesting.
That was purely coincidental. And what do you mean by "was unable to as we beat him or her to do it"? It's not like anyone had announced they were voting for dumytru.
I'm just referring to the order of actions. First we vote and lynch, and only afterwards the Spy gets to kill. If the Spy decided to kill dumytru, we got there first by lynching him. That's all I meant.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

I'm saying that at the moment I'm voting randomly people who are not on my list in order to avoid hitting the detective.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
FuruyAkai
you and your irc-suicidal tendencies :V

Post by FuruyAkai »

I will vote randomly until further notice.
Sometimes the truth is better left unsaid...

Before you start to judge me, step into my shoes and walk the life I'm living and if you get as far as I am, just maybe you will see how strong I really am - Unknown
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

I don't really wanna bring numbers back into the game, but I don't think we should continue voting randomly.

One player is the Detective, one player is the Spy. It is much more likely for a random vote to be cast for a Civilian or an Informant, but there is a small chance we'll vote the Detective. That's just as likely as voting the Spy. When we lynch someone we might get lucky, get the Spy, and win that way, but it's also possible we'll accidentally lynch the Detective, and that might cause us to lose. Both scenarios are equally probable.

While we might inadvertently cause our own loss by lynching the one player we have to protect, I think we can be fairly certain the Spy won't lose like that. The Spy won't commit suicide.

When we lynch randomly and the Spy kills randomly, the Detective is likely to die first. That's why we need to discuss things and do things a bit more organised.

Earlier I said
bash7353 wrote:If we assume that every time someone self-voted they simply failed to send in any actions, then we now have three players that have send actions Day 1, but none Day 2, just like the Spy apparently has as Yuri was killed Day 1 and no one was Day 2: DarkestAbsol, miakakiri, and Nemomon. Do we think it might be one of them?

The three Day 1 self-voters, Jex, Stop, and FuruyAkai... I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't think they killed, and purposefully didn't vote to avoid suspicion.

We have to consider the possibility, though, that the Spy intended to kill dumytru, but was unable to as we beat him or her to it. If so - and it may not be the case - Miyano voted the kill target both phases. That's interesting.
It would be great to hear opinions on that. What do you guys think? Should we lynch DarkestAbsol, miakakiri, or Nemomon based on that? Should we not vote Jex, Stop, and FuruyAkai?
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Ekoyuhale
*whispers* hail skhinkbbi

Post by Ekoyuhale »

I think voting the day 2 self voters is the best thing we can do. It's possible the spy didn't kill on purpose, or tried to kill dumyteu, as someone said, but we don't have a lot to go on so we may as well take what we get?

I'll be voting DarkestAbsol, as the other two seem to have the stronger excuses for not sending in actions
3DS FC: 4124-5076-4987

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth... unless you royally screwed up.
Spoiler: SS 2014 from PT <3

Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

@bash: I don't think me, Jecka and FuruyAkai should be cleared because the trick thing is easy to pull off. However, Day 1 self-voting can be extra risky so maybe some leeway to Jecka and FuruyAkai because of that?

And you've stumbled upon why I've been holding off on voting others and will continue to do so for now. I know I'm Civilian. If I die then it's 100% a Civilian death. That's not great, but ultimately Civilians are there to cloak the Detective in their numbers and to try to figure stuff out (and act as decoys if possible. I may have blown that option for me though). If I vote elsewhere I may hit the Spy, but I also may hit the Detective. Without knowing where to aim it's safer for a guaranteed Civilian death than a potential Detective one.

I also have a request (that someone else may have already said? But if they have they've clearly been ignored :/) that if you're going to vote randomly you say who your random target is. Yes, more information will be given to the Spy and Informants, but as it is they can just get away with saying they'll go random and then go for who they think will have the most votes. It's understandable if not everyone wants to go along with this to keep things a bit less predictable for the Spy and Informants, but if the majority of random voters could state an actual target ahead of time it would be most helpful.

EDIT: And I so need to change from self-voting at some point because otherwise it will be so obvious if I get Spy or Detective in the future :x.
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

Investigated Stoppy not the spy.

Hmmm... I vote FuruyAkai today :V
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

I am perplexed. Is it a good idea to vote people who are on your list, or a bad idea? From what I understand, the list definitely contains the Detective and the two Informants, but it might or might not contain the spy.
I have absolutely no idea how to use the list. ~_~*

I am randomly going to vote along with Kleene-san (meaning I will cast a vote for FuruyAkai) because I don't have a better idea and time is running out.
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
darkest absol

Post by darkest absol »

I guess I'll vote FuruyAkai too.
Spoiler: Secret Santa 2014 (Thanks, Fujiwara!)
Spoiler: Secret Santa 2015 (Thanks, Raiden!)
Spoiler: A surprise Christmas gift from cinnamoroll
Jellitto

Post by Jellitto »

Randomly voted Nemomon.
"Otherwise it would be weird."