Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Detective & Civilians win!)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Stopwatch

Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Day 1)

Post by Stopwatch »

Nemomon wrote:
Stopwatch wrote:People who go along with rubbish reasons for lynching people easily?
I hardly can call a player a Spy because of that reason. We pretty much all are voting blindly, and probably during the nearest few turns also will vote blindly. We do not have enough information to start voting with a serious reasons. We will see a lot of people voting randomly (because they don't know against who to vote) or joining bandwagons. My today's vote also will be pretty much random. I didn't think yet who will get my vote, but I know that I don't have yet enough info to stop voting randomly.
I have already mentioned how much this all depends on context. What you say comes under that heading. As does common sense :V.
Nemomon wrote:I must go now, but I'm playing on the ZetaBoards support board. That's the link to the current game, but of course please do not mention to anybody what I just told You about my role, thanks. Plus, on this support board I nearly have played 50 werewolf games which more or less are the same as the mafia games.

http://if.invisionfree.com/topic/5192183/1/
Hmm, thanks.
bash7353 wrote:
Stopwatch wrote:And this is why I should pay attention to when phase changes are >_<.

If I remember then I'll do a reminder about when phase change is an hour before the end of D2. If I don't, does someone else mind stepping in to do that? Just, personally, if I had realised about the timing I think I would have done things a bit differently and that may be the same for some of the others (or maybe I'm just the one with no sense of time :V).
I don't understand. What would you have done differently?
Have paid more attention to the vote count (I was leaning on him being a misguided Townie, but I honestly didn't realise how many votes were on him) and maybe not self-voted. The latter being around 60-40.
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

Phasechange soon :V (good think I woke up from my nap early enough XD)

Investigate says ekoyuhale is innocent.

For voting I'll vote random I guess. I dunno, is it better to say who you'll vote or not? I mean, if we vote the detective accidentally, the detective can try to stop it, but same applies for the spy and his informants.
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

Kleene Onigiri wrote:Phasechange soon :V (good think I woke up from my nap early enough XD)

Investigate says ekoyuhale is innocent.

For voting I'll vote random I guess. I dunno, is it better to say who you'll vote or not? I mean, if we vote the detective accidentally, the detective can try to stop it, but same applies for the spy and his informants.
For now, I think announcing votes may be the best way to go. I don't think I'm going to vote at this stage, but that's not certain. Though, I don't think the Detective can do much if they are the likely lynch candidate given that no one will be able to tell the difference between the Detective defending themselves or the Spy doing so. I mean, the discussion is good and may go somewhere so I'd hardly want to discourage it, but you get what I mean, right?

EDIT: Also, Yuri was targeted. From what I remember she wasn't particularly active. If that trend continues it may be worth looking into.
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Write a Will
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

Okay. Well, when you say
Stopwatch wrote:And this is why I should pay attention to when phase changes are >_<.
I find myself asking what this is referring to. It sort of sounds like something - this - happened which you could've prevented if only you had paid attention. There's nothing you could've prevented, though.
Stopwatch wrote:[...] I think I would have done things a bit differently [...]
What do you mean, a bit? That can't refer to voting, can it? Voting isn't a matter of degree. Sure you can behave very differently, or you can behave a bit differently. That works. But either you vote yourself, or you vote someone else. Either you send in a vote, or not. Of course you can vote differently, but you can't really vote a bit differently.
Stopwatch wrote:Have paid more attention to the vote count (I was leaning on him being a misguided Townie, but I honestly didn't realise how many votes were on him) [...]
I don't know what that means, either. No one realised how many were gonna cast their vote for him before phase change. I think I was the only one to make that decision public before the end of Day 1.

Or are you saying you didn't realise Togop had that many votes after phase change because at first you didn't pay much attention to the announcement? In that case, it doesn't answer my question at all.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

1) I can predict how things will go to an extent and I failed to do that. I attributed that lack of accuracy and such to the fact that I thought I had more time and so hadn't bothered to think some things through as much as I should have. For example, this phase I could easily be lynched, and my decision to announce my potential self-vote fairly late on may not prevent that. In terms of kills, I find myself unlikely to be a target because I can easily be set up for a lynch anyway and the kills can be used on people with Townier reads or those whom the Spy thinks will be able to read them well.

Also, I thought that more people had announced their votes on Togop than just you ^^;.

2) My wording is subjective. To me, this stuff is "a bit" in comparison to the alternatives.

3) Read (1). And no to your second paragraph there.
Write a Will
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

On points 1 and 3, fair enough.

As far as point 2 is concerned, what alternatives would that be?
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Day 3)

Post by Fujiwara »

End of Day 2

dumytru, a Civilian, was lynched.

No one was killed by the Spy.
Votes:
Spoiler:
  • dumytru (5)
    • cinnamoroll
    • dumytru
    • Kaito Lady
    • miyano_shiho
    • MoonRaven
  • darkest absol (2)
    • darkest absol
    • Raifuujin
  • miyano_shiho (2)
    • Kleene Onigiri
    • Raiden
  • Stopwatch (2)
    • FuruyAkai
    • Stopwatch
  • bash7353 (1)
    • shinichi’sapprentice
  • Ekoyuhale (1)
    • Jellitto
  • FuruyAkai (1)
    • Jecka
  • Kaito Lady (1)
    • bash7353
  • miakakiri (1)
    • miakakiri
  • Nemomon (1)
    • Nemomon
  • Raifuujin (1)
    • Ekoyuhale
Start of Day 3!

cinnamoroll
Making the world a sweeter place :)

Post by cinnamoroll »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T______T
I'm sorry Dumytru :(
This sucks.

Edit: Also, so many no voting/voting themselves =/
Spoiler: Awesome Christmas present from Kain <3
Spoiler: KL's cute Christmas present ^^
Spoiler: Cute Christmas present by Stoppy ^^
Spoiler: PT <3
Spoiler: Jeck's Frosty :3
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

So guys, why did you vote dumytru? Four votes (I'm excluding dumytru from this for obvious reasons) is hardly co-incidental so I'm interested as to what reasons you'll give.

@bash: I suppose "a lot" different would be to be almost entirely silent (the only reason I'm not lurking is because of everyone else being relatively inactive so I want to kick-start things a bit more if possible). Or I could have attempted to implement a "lynch lurkers unless they contribute some content" strategy. I was considering that for a bit tbh, but it requires co-operation I'm not sure would be given and would take attention away from producing information from those already talking because discussing lurkers doesn't tend to give much in terms of alignment.
Write a Will
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

If we assume that every time someone self-voted they simply failed to send in any actions, then we now have three players that have send actions Day 1, but none Day 2, just like the Spy apparently has as Yuri was killed Day 1 and no one was Day 2: DarkestAbsol, miakakiri, and Nemomon. Do we think it might be one of them?

The three Day 1 self-voters, Jex, Stop, and FuruyAkai... I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't think they killed, and purposefully didn't vote to avoid suspicion.

We have to consider the possibility, though, that the Spy intended to kill dumytru, but was unable to as we beat him or her to it. If so - and it may not be the case - Miyano voted the kill target both phases. That's interesting.
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Raiden
There is a world of imagination
Deep in the corners of your mind
Where reality is an intruder
And myth and legend thrive

Post by Raiden »

So, no kill? Meaning 1 of 3 options unles I overlooked something.
1) The Spy targeted dumytru for the kill
2) The Spy was inactive and did not send actions
3) The Spy voted but didn't sent a kill to make us believe they were inactive.

Self-voters from Day 1:
- FuruyAkai, Jecka, Stopwatch

Self-voters from Day 2:
- dumytru(civilian), darkest absol, Stopwatch, miakakiri, Nemomon

The bar got raised quite a bit from the first phase among the self-voters. Would love to hear from each of them why they did not vote...also, as Stop pointed out already, would love to hear why the four voted for dumytru, too. Cinna, Miya, Kaito Lady and MoonRaven. I'm looking at you. ;)
Bash7353 wrote:Miyano voted the kill target both phases. That's interesting.
I found that interesting, too. ^^'

. . .darnit, got greninja'd by Bash, too. I'll just leave my post as is now. :V
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” ― Frances Hardinge
“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.”
― William Ewart Gladstone

cinnamoroll
Making the world a sweeter place :)

Post by cinnamoroll »

I really went random -_-

I just have no idea how to choose my vote yet. I was hoping it was someone who wouldn't get a lot of votes, since he didn't get voted last phase I thought it was safe :( That didn't work out.
Spoiler: Awesome Christmas present from Kain <3
Spoiler: KL's cute Christmas present ^^
Spoiler: Cute Christmas present by Stoppy ^^
Spoiler: PT <3
Spoiler: Jeck's Frosty :3
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Nooooo Poor Dumytru D:
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

I went to my sister and forgot to send my vote :P.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
darkest absol

Post by darkest absol »

I had a lot to do today and couldn't get a vote in.
Spoiler: Secret Santa 2014 (Thanks, Fujiwara!)
Spoiler: Secret Santa 2015 (Thanks, Raiden!)
Spoiler: A surprise Christmas gift from cinnamoroll