Best Anime Case of 2012

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

What is your favorite case/s in the anime from 2012?

Won't Forgive Even One Millimetre
4%
Delicious Ramen to Die For
6%
The Deduction Showdown in the Haunted Hotel
4%
Detective Agency Confinement Case
14%
The Detective Deduction Battle Between East and West
24%
The Design of Poison and Illusion
12%
Professor's Video Site
2%
The Joint Investigation with First Love
2%
Kogoro-san is a Good Man
2%
Wedding Eve
12%
Treasure in the Tower of Darkness
2%
Detectives' Nocturne
14%
Won't Forgive Even One Millimetre
2%
Nagasaki Mystery Theater
2%

Total votes: 51
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Best Anime Case of 2012

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Time to vote for the best of the best...of the best! Twice!

Last year I had a similar topic, but regardless of how fair it was, the London case overshadowed EVERYTHING. I still find that a bit questionable if many people listened to what I meant so I will repeat myself.

This is only looking at these cases as the cases/mysteries on their own. Character and plot stuff, outside of how they affect the case specifically, should not be relevant to your decision.

I will see, while there were still good cases this year, last year kinda feels like a fluke where there were 3-4 cases that you could argue were some of the best since the first few years of the series. Nothing this year was as good as the Demon Dog case and nothing was as important to people as the London case.

also no one cares about 1 episode AOs so none of that

Now with 2 votes, I will vote for the Confinement case and West vs. East. The Confinement case as a murder mystery is just ok, but how it's presented and how much it surprised me as a case in this series really made me enjoy it. As a case, it had a lot of clever twists and while Shinichi's solution to prevent anyone from dying was hilariously simple, it was kinda brilliant and one of those things you smirk at because you figure out what's going on only 15 seconds before it's revealed.

West vs. East was just really fun even without the Heiji and Conan rivalry thing (though I would count the scene where Conan intentionally tries to speak Kansai-ben since it's how they definitively confirm who the culprit is). It's simply just a really well done case, which is odd since I often find cases heavily relying on the japanese language to be pretty boring. Just really good pacing and a fun little mystery and everything works really well for what it is.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Kudo Shinchi
No comment......

Re: Best Anime Case of 2012

Post by Kudo Shinchi »

While 2012's anime cases may not have had cases as genius as some of the ones in 2011, they were consistently good and entertaining, and so picking two is actually very hard. I'm just glad the 600's didn't experience a drop in quality in its second half like the 500's did.

Kogoro-san is a Good Man was pretty original and the 1-hour special was hilarious, those are close seconds. The Wedding Eve case I was tempted to pick for its audacity. In the end I picked the Confinement case and the EYE case; both had pretty good twists in the cases.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Honestly, I really wish I liked the Illusion case more. I don't remember what but something about it really prevented it from being nearly as enjoyable as the previous 2 cases with Yamato Kansuke.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

Kudo Shinchi
No comment......

Post by Kudo Shinchi »

Could be that despite being a good case, it was less exciting than the previous two with Kansuke and he only had a relatively minor role this time around.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Kudo Shinchi wrote: Could be that despite being a good case, it was less exciting than the previous two with Kansuke and he only had a relatively minor role this time around.
yeah, but I felt like something was just off or uninteresting about it just from the case itself. I don't even particularly remember what though.