- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion -

All anime and manga discussion that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here.
EpoxElypse
Smile Like You Mean It.

- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion -

Post by EpoxElypse »

CODE GEASS!

ANN wrote:Plot Summary:
Plot Summary: The Empire of Britannia has invaded Japan using giant robot weapons called Knightmare Frames. Japan is now referred to as Area 11, and its people the 11's. A Britannian who was living in Japan at the time, Lelouch, vowed to his Japanese friend Suzaku that he'd destroy Britannia. Years later, Lelouch is in high school, but regularly skips out of school to go play chess and gamble on himself. One day, he stumbles on terrorists 11's who've stolen a military secret and is caught by a member of the Britannian task force sent after them, who is Suzaku. As the rest of the squad arrives, Suzaku is shot for disobeying orders, while the military secret, a young girl, gives Lelouch the power of Geass, which makes anyone obey any order. While Suzaku is secretly made the pilot of Britannia's brand new prototype Knightmare, Lancelot, Lelouch becomes the masked Zero to lead the rebellion to destroy Britannia once and for all.

Number Of Episodes: 25

Opening Theme:
#1: "COLORS" by FLOW (eps 1-12)
#2: "Kaidoku Funou (解読ä¸
jmaeshawn
Detective Conan Fan and Fansubber :)

Re: - Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion -

Post by jmaeshawn »

Well, it looks cool from the picture. I'll check it out once I'm done with the other 10+ animes that I want to watch :D
gamerdragon99

Post by gamerdragon99 »

Code geass is such a great anime one of my top 5's with conan i  recommend it to all anime fans.
well i hope that season 2 doesn't become a let down. New season starts on 4.5.08 taking gundam 00 time spot, i have been waiting for such a long time but still after watching/reading death note i fear that all animes may turn out like that >.>
rajhaziel

Post by rajhaziel »

I actually dont want Gundam00 to end. But I dont want to miss out on Season 2 of Code Geass. sad day it'll be.
kstar
kstar <3's GIN

Post by kstar »

This was like a Gundam reject XD But I loveeed it.  Gundam/DeathNote!
EpoxElypse
Smile Like You Mean It.

Post by EpoxElypse »

Kcstar Actually this showed before Gundam 00, and was much better in my opinion because all Gundam 00 is doing is repeating exactly what Gundam Wing has done. Code Geass is a anime all in its own..
Raso

Post by Raso »

Way love this series big time. How low will Lelouch go to win?!

Spoilers for most recent eps of R2

my only gripe about the series is that though out all of R1 only 2 major bad guys ever die Clovis and Euphy. Corniela is still alive somewhere and Orange-kun has made his reappearance, this guy just wont die he should of died in ep 25 of R1 and made a grand exit but no. Its like most of R1 did nothing but kill off alot of members of the black knights.
ten

Post by ten »

I watch it and like it on the hole... but it seems a bit childish and a bit too much of the same feeling as from death note
Pride

Post by Pride »

Raso wrote: Way love this series big time. How low will Lelouch go to win?!

Spoilers for most recent eps of R2

my only gripe about the series is that though out all of R1 only 2 major bad guys ever die Clovis and Euphy. Corniela is still alive somewhere and Orange-kun has made his reappearance, this guy just wont die he should of died in ep 25 of R1 and made a grand exit but no. Its like most of R1 did nothing but kill off alot of members of the black knights.
Euphy... bad guy?
In my opinion, the "bad guy" for that incident was more or less Zero rather than Euphy.
x64_02

Post by x64_02 »

Lelouch as Shinichi?
This is from episode 21 of R2:
ImageImage
Raso

Post by Raso »

well as much as I loved S1 and the start of S2 this series has really turned into a train wreck. So many plot holes, so many side switches, story has been moving at a lightning pace (to the point there is a montage in middle of the newest episode)
rajhaziel

Post by rajhaziel »

they just tryin to wrap it up hopefully.... But i could go for another season!
toyks
Don't forget your trap, Kanji-kun

Post by toyks »

I love everything about season 1 from the plot, storyline, characters (yep, even Suzaku - I don't know why people hate him..hehe), etc. Code Geass R2? I don't like it that much, especially the pacing of R2 >_<. At least season 2 have a touching ending *shrug*
[center]Image
I-I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass! (-_-メ) - Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4) ::)
3DS friend code: 2406-5413-8969 Let's play MK 7 and Swap Note!
DarkAap
Just as I suspected...

Post by DarkAap »

ten wrote: I watch it and like it on the hole... but it seems a bit childish and a bit too much of the same feeling as from death note
Who says childish can't be great fun :D (Some of the detective boys cases seem rather childish to me, but that doesn't mean they are bad :D)
And since Death Note was a considered (including me) a great anime, I don't see how comparing it to the same feeling as Death Note is bad. The Death Note anime also started only 2 days before Code Geass did.

The only thing I really didn't like about Death Note was the ending. And I was an addict for the first season of Code Geass after a few eps. Then the long waiting started for the last 2 eps of season 1 which made my craze about it die down a bit. After that was the wait for season 2. Although Code Geass is one of my all-time favorite animes, season 2 felt less good then season 1. (Although I thought season 1 was the best anime in the world at the time I was watching it :D)
“Do you know how the devil deceives humans? He mixes in a little bit of truth in many lies.â€
Knighthart
The Black Witch Priestess

Post by Knighthart »

No one watched the ending yet ? ;_;
It's far more beautiful ending than Death note lol.

ALL HAIL LELOUCH !!
"Without much of a reason, you've defeated many youkai.
It wasn't once or twice that you've defeated ones that weren't youkai.
And despite being a Shrine Maiden,
you do absolutely no exchange with God.
There are times when you even bare your fangs towards God."